Size : 305.474 Kb
Type : pdf
KACHEA Board Policies and Procedures --- Updated October 24, 2017
Our purpose is to glorify God by encouraging and assisting those parents who have chosen to educate their children at home. This group has been in existence since 1991. KACHEA membership includes approximately 200 families, who are members of various church denominations. While participants are not required to be Christian, those in leadership must agree and adhere to KACHEA’s statement of faith (see attached). The KACHEA Board must review/approve all individual team/event original policies/guidelines and subsequent revisions, as well as, all persons proposed for leadership roles. The individual advisory boards are responsible for organizing and leading in all activities.
1. Families who have chosen to educate their children at home are eligible to be members of KACHEA.
2. The KACHEA Board adopted Eligibility Standards for participation in all KACHEA sports teams (per March 21, 2012 meeting). Those standards are as follows:
a. The player has not graduated from high school;
b. As of August 1 of the current school year, the player had not yet turned 19 years of age; and
c. The player is registered as a homeschooler pursuant to the laws of the State of Tennessee (i.e. with an umbrella school or with the superintendent of the local public school system). If the player resides in another state (i.e. Virginia), the player is registered as a homeschooler pursuant to the laws of the applicable state.
d. Further standards for participation in KACHEA sports for any player who repeats his/her senior year have been adopted. Those standards are as follows: If a player repeats his/her senior year and wishes to play sports for KACHEA, the player will only be eligible if he/she satisfies the eligibility standards above and if he/she is enrolled in four (4) or more classes, provided, however, if he/she is on a block schedule or dual-enrolled, the equivalent number of classes. Notwithstanding the above, the KACHEA sports have elected to follow the TSSAA eligibility standards which currently limits participation to 8 semesters after entering the 9th grade.
1. All leaders/advisory board members/coaches/treasurers must sign a statement of faith and list any crimes of which they have been convicted or pled guilty and any current legal issues that are in process at the time they are being considered for leadership.
2. Each sports/event director must attend a board meeting prior to the beginning of the season (before the first game) and submit the director's checklist for review and approval.
3. Recognizing the KACHEA Board would ultimately be responsible for the resolution of any legal issues, the individual advisory boards facing any situation involving legal, liability, or moral issues must communicate these situations to a board member as soon as possible.
4. KACHEA requires that at least two adults be present at all KACHEA events where children are present without their parents, and additionally, requires a female adult be present at all girls sports team events.
5. All athletic directors/coaches/parent helpers must complete the online concussion training course at http://www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training/index.html and agree to comply as closely as possible with the course guidelines.
Sports Teams/Events under purview of KACHEA Board
Basketball Spring Formal
Soccer Spelling/Geography Bees
Running Club Mom's Night Out/ABC's of Homeschooling
K Graduation Used Book Sale
Co-op Field Trips
Requirements for Sports/Event Advisory Boards:
Each sporting group must form an advisory consisting of at least 2-3 members. This should include a director.
Each sport/event must designate a treasurer (cannot be the director) and two signatures plus the KACHEA treasurer are required on the bank account for accountability. All funds collected under the KACHEA name belong to the KACHEA organization as does any equipment or uniforms purchased with KACHEA monies. The advisory board members, coaches, treasurers, and any other leaders must be approved by the KACHEA Board before their appointment. This includes any changes to the leadership proposed after the annual approval process. The criteria for rejection will be as follows: not signing the statement of faith as is, the existence of any criminal record (a felony record will exclude serving in leadership/coaching positions) or legal liability, any conduct not in accordance with the guidelines stated in the sports code of conduct, or demonstrating a disregard for or failure to adhere to the written KACHEA policies. Initially, each advisory board is responsible for developing policies/guidelines specific to the sport/event and gaining approval from the KACHEA Board prior to the start of the upcoming season.
The Director of the advisory board is responsible for the following checklist:
1. Attending a KACHEA Board meeting prior to the start of the season/program to provide good communication to the board regarding this checklist, program status/activities, and any program concerns/ issues.
2. Along with other members of their program's advisory board, periodically review the policies/guidelines and revise as needed, gaining the approval of the KACHEA Board for any revisions.
3. Communicating the program policies/guidelines to leaders and parents
4. Making sure participants are KACHEA members prior to the start of the program
5. Submitting an annual report to the KACHEA Board (simple financial statement) either at the end of the program each year or prior to the start of the program the following year
6. Making sure all leadership positions have been approved by the KACHEA Board and statements of faith and criminal background questions are filled out and signed by these potential leaders
7. Making sure all program leadership is aware of the above-mentioned requirement that two adults be present at all events where children are present without their parents AND making a reasonable effort to ensure that this requirement is carried out in his individual program/event. 8. Making sure all coaches/parent helpers have completed the online concussion training course at http://www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training/index.html and have agreed to comply; and providing signed certificates of completion of the course for all coaches/parent helpers.
KACHEA Board assignments to make sure the director is aware of the timeframe to submit the above checklist:
The first month listed is when the KACHEA Board member needs to remind the sports/event director to prepare the checklist and the second month is the KACHEA Board meeting that the director will be attending to present the finished checklist for approval.
Patricia Dotson--Running Club – August/September
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Timothy 3:15; II Peter 1:21).
2. We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-10; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18). We believe that some groups call themselves Christians, but interpret the above statements in a manner contrary to essential Christian theology we hold to be true; therefore, members of groups such as Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Unitarian Universalists, and Christian Scientists are not eligible for leadership roles in KACHEA.
KACHEA reserves the right to perform background checks and/or drug screenings on all leadership positions.
I authorize KACHEA to receive any information from any law enforcement agency including police and sheriff's departments, of any state or federal government to the extent permitted by state and federal law, pertaining to any convictions I may have had for violations of state or federal criminal laws, including but not limited to, convictions for crimes committed upon children.
Please answer the following questions. For purposes of the questions below “you” means yourself or any company of which you an owner or board member. However, company information is requested only for closely held (non-publically traded) businesses. Litigation information on public companies of which you are simply a stockholder is not requested.
Have you ever been convicted of, or pled guilty or “no contest” to any crime? Yes / No
Have you ever been a defendant in or otherwise involved as a party in any litigation (civil or criminal)? Yes / No
Are there any outstanding judgments against you? Yes / No
Do you know of any pending or threatened litigation against you? Yes / No
Please provide details for any “yes” answer above:
I have reviewed and agree to adhere to all of the above policies. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior and agree with the above Statement of Faith. By signing this form, I certify that the information set out by me above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Print Name _______________________________________________________ Date_________
Signed Signature ________________________________________________________________
These policies and procedures may be updated at any time at the discretion of the KACHEA Board.